Sunday, August 8, 2010

Friends

Today, I realized how important friends are. Even one friend is enough to make you feel better in the hardest of times. A true friend knows how to find the middle ground between telling you what you want to hear, and what is actually true. At my house for the past couple of days, things have been tense, and stressful. Part of me knew it was my fault, and part of me didn't believe it was. But anyway, that isn't what this post is about. Anyway, today, when things didn't go quite as I had planned with my attempts to understand the problem, I was truly upset, for different reasons. But either way, I decided to text one of my friends. Not really to whine about how 'mean' my parents are, but to tell her what happened. Her help to me, even between a few nice texts, made me feel so much better. She didn't act like I was annoying her, even if I was, and she gave me advice I could use, instead of just 'sorry's all the time. Considering how upset I was at the situation, she really helped me. Normally, I am a to myself, find my own way to deal with problems kind of person, but it was really nice to have someone support me, in a 'telling me what I want to hear, and being right at the same time' kind of way. Nobody is perfect, and really, her and I fight often, but whenever one or the other is in a sticky situation, we are always there for the other. Before really having friends worth my time, I thought that friends were just disappointment, and frustration. But now I realize how all the stupid fights are worth it, if in return, you get a shoulder to lean on.

No comments: